Generating a CSR with Plesk Panel 9
Logon to the Plesk Panel
- Go to Domains > Domain name > SSL Certificates. A list of SSL certificates that you have in your repository will be displayed.
- Click Add SSL Certificate.
- Specify the Certificate properties:
- Enter a Certificate name, this will help you identify this certificate in the repository.
- Enter the requested information:
Bits = encryption level. Choose the encryption level of your SSL certificate. We recommend a value equal or more than 2048 bit.
Country, State/Province, Location = official address of your company or organisation
Organisation = the name of your company or organisation
Organisation department = optional field for the name of the responsible department or division
Domain name (Common Name) = the domain name for which the SSL certificate will be used, like mail.youdomain.com
Make sure that all the provided information is correct and accurate, as it will be used to generate your private key.
- Click Request. Your private key and certificate signing request will be generated and stored in the repository.
- In the list of certificates, click the name of the certificate you need. A page showing the certificate properties opens.
- Locate the CSR section on the page, and copy the text that starts with the line -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST----- and ends with the line -----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST----- to the clipboard. (see example below)
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST----- MIIBxzCCATACAQAwgYYxCzAJBgNVBAYTAlVTMQswCQYDVQQIEwJWQTEQMA4GA1UE BxMHSGVybmRvbjESMBAGA1UEChMJUGFyYWxsZWxzMRswGQYDVQQDExJkZW1vLnBh cmFsbGVscy5jb20xJzAlBgkqhkiG9w0BCQEWGHNhbGVzQGRlbW8ucGFyYWxsZWxz LmNvbTCBnzANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOBjQAwgYkCgYEAz2XpSkAi0Tc3S+LBDhh7 lc2em4zir2T0Mnk4TaBvMB0qFxtarlew52Ij4Oi8o/M5jSaKJJE5TL9waB3keJBc kGg2T7U/EErueOmwAHKjD6ocQ4p0+ceevZKFfQ/e/CVNpun9NKvOsQ+gD8GlLiUF CFHj/YanUSTPBBYcfzigUkMCAwEAAaAAMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBBQUAA4GBAGfdNA2a JH7G6WFc9JnFgGwpd6zf8ROyADnabGtha0afyzffi9i8mXSAhUwdhJq2f3KzYyJn LtoMJh5dAXCAxwAYeVkqKY9h4J01tI6X+qskdWy1Q5sRR/ghvT3DMvgM4vWNbfub GFBzQb/8SBLvu1Mo66E1LPJdetuPqdeDzgvU -----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
Visit the Web site of Networking4all and start the ordering procedure. When you are prompted to specify CSR text, paste the data from the clipboard into the online form and complete the order process. The certificate will be e-mailed as soon as it is issued.