Generating a CSR on a Google Mini Search Appliance
Follow the steps below to generate a CSR and install a self-signed certificate.
- In the Admin Console, choose Administration > SSL Settings.
- On the SSL Settings page, scroll down to Create a New SSL Certificate.
- Under Host Name, enter the fully qualified host name of the search appliance. This is the name users see when they search on your site.
- Under Organizational Unit, enter the name of your department. For example, "Web Services Group".
- Under Organization, enter the name of your organization.
- Under Locality, enter the name of your city.
- Under State, enter the state or province. You must use the full name, not an abbreviation.
- Under Country, enter the two-letter code for your country, such as US or FR.
- Under Email Address, enter the administrator's email address, or "None."
- Under SSL Private Key, enter your company's non-encrypted private key, or click the Browse button to locate it. The SSL Settings page can only install non-encrypted RSA keys in .pem format. If the key is encrypted, see decrypting a private key.
- Click the Create Self-Signed Certificate button to generate a keypair for the certificate signing request. The generated keypair is 1024-bit RSA.
- Installing the certificate restarts the appliance. Click the Install SSL Certificate button. When the page refreshes, the following message appears at the top:
SSL certificate installed. The appliance console needs to be restarted, please log in again.
- On the Admin Console login page, click Log in, and log in using your username and password.
- Choose Administration > SSL Settings. Your new certificate information is listed under Current SSL Certificate Information.
- Verify that the information shown under Current SSL Certificate Information is correct. To generate a certificate signing request file based on this information, click the Export Certificate Signing Request button.
- The Download dialog box opens with a search appliance Certificate Signing Request file (.pem). Save the CSR file to your hard disk.
- Locate the saved file, and send it to Networking4all.
(c) Networking4all B.V. All rights reserved
This site is managed by GlobalSign preferred partner Networking4all.